Make sure that you are taking complete advantage of your recovery time outside of the box. Quality food, fluid intake, and mobility are keys to proper recovery. Here is a quick chart with recovery times for different types of exercise.
Serious Strength Training – Tudor Bompa
Table 4.1 Explained:
- Restoration of ATP-PC: Aided by Creatine Supplementation
- Restoration of Muscle Gycogen: It has to be CARBS
- Removal of lactic acid from muscle of blood: Post Fran & Cindy = Aided by an active cool down and mobility
- Restoration of vitamins and enzymes: Adequate protein and post workout nutrition (food, glutamine, beta alanine)
- Recovery from high-intensity strength training: Active Recovery Day (jogging, rowing, swimming, and light calisthenics)
- Repayment of ATP-Pc and oxygen debt (faster portion): Creatine (Monohydrate & AAB)
- Repayment of ATP-PC and oxygen debt (slower portion): Active Recovery Post Workout
Bompa, T. (n.d.). Serious Strength Training (3rd ed., p. 135).